Wednesday, July 27, 2011

It's Been So Long Since I Died I'd Almost Forgotten How

In Memory of Jack Parsons


1. Dark, Dark- Arik Einstein- Israel's in the house.



2. New York Woman- Kasenetz & Katz Super Circus- Beauty hides on bubblegum lp's. The LA Woman wins this bi-coastal love triangle.

3. Feelin' Just Fine (Head Full of Shit)- Spacemen 3- Heart full of soul, head full of shit. Where's the Dilaudid when you really need it?




4. The Choice- MAKE-UP- "You put my head into the water and I thought that I would drown".




5. And Who Will You Be Then- Nancy Priddy- Christina Applegate's mom breaks down the perils of serial monogamy.


6. Catalan- Psychic TV- spooky, no?


7. Lookin' In the Toaster- Research 1-6-12- Sometimes you gotta look in the toaster, blame it on the Hendrix poster.


8. Leaving My Old Life Behind- Jonathan Halper- From Kenneth Anger's film Puce Moment.



9. The Green Manalishi (With the Two Pronged Crown)- Fleetwood Mac- It's the Fleetwood Mac (Peter Green era) and they're not fucking about!  "can't believe that you need my love so bad, come sneaking around, trying to drive me mad".



10. Cease to Exist- The Beach Boys- America's band covers a Charles Manson tune, Brian hides in the bathroom.



11. Underground Medicine- The Fall- "Your nervous system, your nervous system"


12. Postures (Leave Your Body Behind)- 13th Floor Elevators- "Why can't you remember?" from whence you came.


13. Visions of Johanna- Marianne Faithfull- it takes strong medicine.



14. Ave, Lucifer- Os Mutantes- The light bringer.


15. Snail's Lament- Trees-  Picture Jimmy Page in his fair isle sweater vest listening to this.




16. Don't Get Scared- King Pleasure- "when you see danger facing you, little boy don't get scared"



17.  In Heaven- Peter Ivers- "in heaven everything is fine"


18. Death of A Ladies' Man- Leonard Cohen- Cohen and Spector get maudlin "I'll never see a face like yours in years of men to come".  With pusses like those two she should be so lucky. I wrote a piece about this album for Tangents back in my salad days. "It's like our visit to the moon, or to that other star, I guess you go for nothing, if you really want to go that far."


19. Deep Night- Rudy Vallee- Fare thee well.



Donald Cammell as Osiris 

No comments:

Post a Comment