Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Thee Soundtrack to Kenneth Anger's Magick Lantern Cycle

Alfred Kinsey with Kenneth Anger at the Abbey of Thelema in Cefalu- 1955
Click For Mix
Round about Halloween seems as appropriate time as any to post the soundtracks I've assembled for five of the films from Kenneth Anger's Magick Lantern Cycle; Scorpio Rising, Kustom Kar Kommandos, Puce Moment, Invocation of My Demon Brother, and both versions of Rabbit's Moon.  I had the pleasure of seeing Anger screen these films in person on two occasions, once at the University of Texas on Halloween, his favorite holiday!  Fantoma's DVD set of Anger's films is highly recommended.  Watch at your own risk, and Happy Halloween.



                                                 Invocation of My Demon Brother (1969)

                                                               Rabbit's Moon (1979 Version)

My signed copy of Hollywood Babylon II
1. Fool's Rush In- Ricky Nelson
2. Wind Up Doll- Little Peggy March
3. My Boyfriend's Back- The Angels
4. Blue Velvet- Bobby Vinton
5. Devil in Disguise- Elvis Presley
6. Hit the Road Jack- Ray Charles
7. Heat Wave- Martha and the Vandellas
8. He's A Rebel- The Crystals
9. Party Lights- Claudine Clark
10. Torture- Kris Jensen
11. Point of No Return- Gene McDaniels
12. I Will Follow Him- Little Peggy March
13. Wipe Out- Surfaris
14. Dream Lover- Paris Sisters
15. Leaving My Old Life Behind- Jonathan Halper
16. I Am A Hermit- Jonathan Halper
17. Invocation of My Demon Brother- Mick Jagger
18. There's A Moon Out Tonight- The Capris
19. Oh What A Night- The Dells
20. Bye Bye Baby- Mary Wells
21. I Only Have Eyes For You- The Flamingos
22. Tears on My Pillow- The El Dorados
23. It Came in the Night- A Raincoat

5 comments:

  1. Jealous of your signed Hollywood Babylon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was interesting getting to meet him in person, it was at a local record store here in Austin, must have been late 1990's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic Anger love! And thanks for the 320kbs format - you did a fabulous job in ripping these, they sound great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome! I hope to post some more unreleased or limited release soundtrack stuff in the future including two of my favorite films-Badlands and the Conversation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for posting this, downloading as I type.

    If anyone's interested the British Film Institute have released a region free blu-ray of the Magick Lantern Cycle (also containing "The Man They Wanted To Hang" Alister Crowley documentary) which not-surprisingly has better picture quality than Fantoma's DVD edition.

    It also comes with two also region free DVDs, one containing the same films as the blu-ray and the other a documentary entitled 70+ minute documentary "Anger Me"

    ReplyDelete