Wednesday, January 1, 2014

It's A New Day- James Brown Uptempo 1964-1970

CLICK HERE TO GET ON THE GOOD FOOT WITH J.B.!

It's a new year, and what better way to get on the good foot than a compilation of James Brown's uptempo classics from 1964 through 1970. This music is a sure fire cure for depression or whatever else may ail you. Get out of your mind and into your body. I have many fond memories of listening to these songs, most of which can't be shared in polite company, let's just say that if you got a woman who can't get to this music you should turn her loose. I make no claims for this being a definitive collection its just something I threw together on the spur of the moment from the digital sources I had at hand but I think it covers most of the uptempo high points of those years in roughly chronological fashion and I'm well chuffed with how it turned out. Now I'm off to eat some red beans and rice, a family tradition for New Years Day, my mom's family is from New Orleans. Track listing after the videos.




1. I Got You
2. Out Of Sight
3. Papa's Got A Brand New Bag
4. Cold Sweat
5 I Can't Stand Myself (When You Touch Me)
6. I Got The Feelin'
7. Licking Stick- Licking Stick
8. Say It Loud- I'm Black And I'm Proud
9. Give It Up Or Turn It Loose
10. I Don't Want Nobody To Give Me Nothing (Open Up The Door I'll Get It Myself)
11. Mother Popcorn
12. Sex Machine
13. It's A New Day
14. Funky Drummer
15. Super Bad
16. Get Up, Get Into It, Get Involved

No comments:

Post a Comment